Monday, January 23, 2006

Remember Me!

I have trouble with the web sites that I visit that I have to have a sign-in name and password. I try to write down the information but I only refer to it after 3 tries. I don't have the same info on all sites for many different reasons like when I first sign in there already is a zebulon57893 so they suggest I use something similar like africa1*3%7! or mylurxgp9* so I pick one of their suggestions after trying 3 of my own. Then I really get upset when they suggest I chose the box that says "remember me" when I can't remember me. So I wind up with a bunch of sign-in names and passwords that are wrong in the pop down list. So after that, I don't remember me and they don't remember me. They just remember who I think I might be, not the real me...the correct me. So who am I?

That's sort of how life is. How is life? I often wonder. Are we who we think we are or what others think we are? And is that why my life is like it is...I don't have the right password. How am I gonna be remembered. If I am remembered at all. Are people going to stand around the funeral home saying, "Remember when she did that thing with what's their name and got something or did something or something like that." If I am to be remember for ME then they would have to. If they are remembering the me they think I am. Well, then they'll have a few more details to the story.

Which reminds ME...Blood, Sweat and Tears, "And when I die, and when I'm dead, dead and gone. They'll be one child born in this world to carry on, to carry on." I hope the poor sole that replaces mine when I'm gone, has an easier life than mine. One worth remembering. I suppose that when...not if, but when I go, the celebration of my life will be my loved ones remembering the life I could not always remember myself.

No comments: